Working within a skilled department in an industrial environment, we are looking for an enthusiastic candidate to assist with producing fantastic quality work upholstering assistive furniture. The company is a leading supplier of this specialist equipment in its sector and it is looking for a talented new addition to the team to help them build and progress this department.This is iniatially a temporay role for 2 months with a view to be extended futher -possible temp to perm for right candidates.
The Upholsterer will be responsible for:
- Manually cutting foam and fabric patterns using a range of hand tools
- Learning to operate machinery for cutting, sewing if required and upholstering
- Checking the quality of the production to maintain the high level set by the company
- Being aware of the health and safety required whilst the equipment is in use
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, qualifications or attributes:
- Previous experience working in an assembly / manual production environment
- Having the ability to complete fairly repetitive work to a high standard
- Being able to work as part of a small team whilst having the confidence to work on your own initiative
- Having an understanding of general behaviour around machinery
- (Previous experience working with industrial sewing machines)
Working hours: Monday to Friday 7.30am – 4pm.
This vacancy is a temporary position, Located in an easily accessible part of Heathfield on the outskirts of Newton Abbot with free parking. Due to the hours of work your own transport would be preferable unless living locally.