Newton Abbot, Devon
Salary / Pay
£9.92 per hour – £9.92 per hour +
Type of Employment
Working within a skilled department in an industrial environment, we are looking for an enthusiastic candidate to assist with producing fantastic quality work upholstering assistive furniture. The company is a leading supplier of specialist equipment in its sector and is looking for a talented new addition to the team to help them build and progress this department. This is a part time, permanent position working Wednesday – Friday, 7.30am – 4.00pm, offering a competitive rate of pay!
The Upholsterer will be responsible for:
- To contribute to the activities of the upholstery team to achieve daily targets.
- Stretch various fabrics to fit the upholstered parts by hand.
- To confidently use both manual and pneumatic staple gun.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure the most efficient use of time.
- Adjust or replace webbing, padding, and/or material and secure them in place.
- Read work orders, and apply knowledge and experience with materials in order to determine types and amounts of materials required to cover workpieces.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Liaising with the Production Manager for Final Assembly to maintain a fast and efficient flow of work between departments as determined by the customer needs.
- Ensuring all quality standards are achieved.
- Keeping equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; reporting identified issues to line manager.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, qualifications or attributes:
- Extensive experience of working with fabric and associated materials.
- Excellent practical and problem solving skills
- Good administration skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Having the ability to complete fairly repetitive work to a high standard
- Being able to work as part of a small team whilst having the confidence to work on your own initiative