Our client is a well-established electrical distribution network operator with over 7 million customers throughout the UK. As a national business, they pride themselves on their first class reputation for network reliability and business efficiency, receiving the Government’s Charter Mark scheme accolade every year.
Their Bristol depot are seeking a Technical Support as an addition to the Technical team within the Smart Metering Department. This is a long term temporary role with an immediate start available and the opportunity to apply for internal permanent roles within the company.
This role may is typically a 37.5 hour week, flexible working hours, 8am – 4pm, 8.30am – 4.30am or 9am – 5pm or 10am – 6pm. Due to Covid, the successful candidate will initially be set up to work from home with plans to return to the workplace when it is safe.
Hourly rate will be £15.04 per hour.
Benefits include an excellent hourly rate with up to two salary increments a year, holiday entitlement rising to 26 days +bank holidays after 12 weeks and free parking.
As a Technical Team Support you will be responsible to the Compliance Manager in the provision of metering support activities associated with the Smart Metering business.
Specific duties will be:
- Update database records of meter technicial details and process exceptions in the day to day provision of data flow services to external parties.
- Raising meter work orders and the deprogramming of meter work orders and resolve problems.
- Provide support to Field Operatives using work order deprogramming tools.
- Carry out remote testing, ensuring systems have been properly commissioned and registered correctly.
- Investigate and assist in the resolution of metering faults and related metering technical enquiries.
- Communicate effectively with customers, external parties, equipment suppliers and field staff in the resolution of problems.
In order to be successful for the role of Technical Team Support, you will:-
- have excellent customer care skills and be proactive in pursuing job completion
- be able to communicate confidently and effectively
- represent the company positively at all times
- have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- excellent attention to detail
- problem solving skills
- ability to familiarise with technical data and terminology
- have previous experience working within a similar technical role, ie engineering, utilities, energy, helpdesk, fault finding and resolution, remote testing.
- have experience of processing data and information
Experience in the energy industry in particular smart metering would be highly desirable.