Salary / Pay
£14.60 – £14.60 per hour +
Type of Employment
Our client is a well-established electrical distribution network operator with over 7 million customers throughout the UK. As a national business, they pride themselves on their first class reputation for network reliability and business efficiency, receiving the Government’s Charter Mark scheme accolade every year.
Their Bristol depot are seeking an addition to the Technical team within the Smart Metering Department. This is a long term temporary contract to start ASAP with the opportunity to apply for internal permanent roles within the company.
This role may is typically a 37.5 hour week, flexible working hours, 8am – 4pm, 8.30am – 4.30am or 9am – 5pm or 10am – 6pm.
Hourly rate will be £14.60.
Benefits include an excellent hourly rate with up to two salary increments a year, holiday entitlement rising to 26 days +bank holidays after 12 weeks and free parking.
As a Technical Team Support you will be responsible to the Compliance Manager in the provision of metering support activities associated with the Smart Metering business.
Specific duties will be:-
- Update database records of meter technical details and process exceptions in the day to day provision of data flow services to external parties
- Raising meter work orders and the deprogramming of meter work orders and resolve problems
- Provide support to Field Operatives using work order deprogramming tools
- Carry out remote testing and proving of HH & NHH smart meters to ensure systems have been properly commissioned and registered correctly
- Investigate and assist in the resolution of metering faults and related meter technical enquiries
- Assisting in the triaging Third Party Meter Details that come into the business
- Communicate effectively with customers, external parties, equipment suppliers and field staff in the resolution of problems
- Provision of information, guidance and advice to others
In order to be successful for the role of Technical Team Support, you will:-
- have excellent customer care skills and be proactive in pursuing job completion
- be able to communicate confidently and effectively
- represent the company positively at all times
- have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- have previous experience working within a similar technical role, ie engineering, utilities, energy
Experience in the energy industry in particular smart metering would be highly desirable.
You will receive industry recognised training and be part of an energetic and engaging team.