Our client is a well-established electrical distribution network operator with over 7 million customers throughout the UK. As a national business, they pride themselves on their first class reputation for network reliability and business efficiency, receiving the Government’s Charter Mark scheme accolade every year.
Their Bristol depot are seeking a Technical Administrator as an addition to the Technical team within the Smart Metering Department. This is a long term temporary role, initially for a period of 9 months, with an immediate start available and the opportunity to apply for internal permanent roles within the company.
This role may is typically a 37.5 hour week, flexible working hours, 8am – 4pm, 8.30am – 4.30am or 9am – 5pm or 10am – 6pm.
Hourly rate will be £15.42 per hour.
Benefits include an excellent hourly rate with up to two salary increments a year, holiday entitlement rising to 26 days +bank holidays after 12 weeks, close to the Temple Meads, free parking.
As a Technical Team Support you will be responsible to the Compliance Manager in the provision of metering support activities associated with the Smart Metering business. Main duties include:-
- Maintenance of quality data of the Smart Metering databases, raising work orders, providing technical support to the business and completing DTN flows in line with an effective and efficient Smart Metering service.
- Provide first class customer service to our internal and external customers in accordance with defined procedures.
- Action DTN flows in line with BSCP objectives and timelines
- Provide telephony support to the business and our customers.
- Liaising with our Smart Metering Business Teams to meet customer demand.
- Provide information/data in respect of customer contract failures, aborted visits and complaints.
- Follow sickness and accident reporting procedures on behalf of the Business Support Manager
- Provision of office based support for all Field Staff.
- Raising and scheduling of meter work orders and the deprogramming of meter orders and resolve problems
- Update database records of meter technical details on a daily basis
- Continually improve working methods and processes and make recommendations
- Good interpersonal and Customer Care skills.
- Keyboard/Personal computer skills.
- Completion of relevant training programs.
- Knowledge of relevant company procedures.
- Knowledge of internal organisation and other departments operations.
- Up to 6 months work related experience
The successful candidate will be analytical with good problem solving/critical thinking skills and a keen eye for detail. You will also need to be reliable, well organised and able to work within a team.