Brite Services are currently recruiting for a Technical Administrator to work for our client who are a water supply and sewage utility based in Bath. This is a well-established company with over 1.8 million customers across the South West and focuses on environment, sustainability and local communities. This is a maternity cover with the opportunity to start before Christmas. There are opportunities to apply for permanent roles within the company. Working Monday to Friday, from 7.30am to 4.00pm or 8:00am until 4.30pm. As a Technical Administrator your salary will be dependent on your skills and experience, and will be between £21,000 and £22,500 per annum.
The successful candidate will be a keen team player, with the right attitude. Excellent communication skills and a background in Customer Service is essential, the company prides itself on delivering a professional, high quality service to their customers.
In this role your main focus will be on helping customers connect to their existing networks. You will administer applications, raise work requests and provide advice and guidance to their customers.
As a Technical Administrator your responsibilities will include, but not be limited, to the following
- Appraising and administering applications from customers who wish to connect to their water supply network and our sewerage network
- Delivering exceptional customer service, providing helpful advice and guidance by telephone, letter and email
- Processing water regulation submissions
- Processing payments and refunds
- Following company policy and procedure to ensure that all targets are met
- Building strong working relationships with external and internal customers
- Maintaining accurate and full records of all correspondence via their in-house systems
- The department are reporting excellet targets and are looking for someone who is keen to learn with an excellent eye for detail
- A good standard of education, minimum 5 GCSE’s grade C or above including English and maths
- The ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with colleagues and customers
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A willingness to adapt and respond to change
- Computer literate, familiarity with Microsoft Office
20 days holiday rising to 24 after 12 weeks.
Apply today with your CV and a member of the Brite team will be in touch!