We are currently recruiting for a Streetworks/Permits Administrator to work within a Streetworks team working for our client who are a utilities company based in Yeovil, Somerset. This is a well-established company with over 1.8 million customers across the South West and focuses on environment, sustainability and local communities. This is a new role where you will be joining an established team where a new scheme has been brought into place bringing an increased workload. The role is initially temporary, to be reviewed at 6 months and with the potential to go permanent.
This will be a high-pressured, fast moving environment and will require someone who is well organised, has an eye for detail and processing accuracy. Good communication skills are key and the individual will need to be confident in communicating with internal teams (at various levels) and Highways Authorities. They will also need to be able quickly learn and use in-house systems. Previous experience working within either a Streetworks, Traffic Management or Planning sector would be beneficial but not essential.
This individual will be interrupted by phone calls and requests throughout the day so it’s really important that they are not flustered by this are able to keep focussed and on track.
Attributes needed are a positive attitude, enthusiasm, able to use initiative and keen to learn new skills.
Below are a few points on what the individuals would be expected to carry out:
- Receiving live works start notifications from Gangs (via multiple communication methods)
- Processing live works start notifications on Streetworks System
- Liaising with Gang, TC & Permit Co-ordinator on any changes to site set-up following work start notification
- Running WAM 204 (closedown) report and processing works stop including registering of sites
- Process SUN Clearance notifications
- Running Reports from Streetworks system to pick up on works due but not put in progress or work stopped
- Completion of TM applications and associated plans
- Ordering of plant via Plant Desk
- Liaising with TC & Area Controllers
This could suit those with an understanding of utilities, highways or streetworks / NRSWA, or someone who has worked as a Permits Co-ordinator or in Construction, utilities, water industry, engineering, maintenance, infrastructure or environment and waste, or someone who has experience dealing with Contractors or local councils. However, full training will be given.
Working Monday to Friday – 40 hours a week. Remuneration will be dependent on your skills and experience, and will be range between £20,000 – 24,000.