Our client is a well-established electrical distribution network operator with over 7 million customers throughout the UK. As a national business, they pride themselves on their first class reputation for network reliability and business efficiency, receiving the Government’s Charter Mark scheme accolade every year. Their Plymouth depot is seeking a SharePoint Administrator initially for a minimum of 3 months with the possibility of being extended. Temporary staff also have the opportunity to apply for internal permanent roles within the company. Excellent hourly rate with up to two salary increments a year, holiday entitlement rising to 26 days + bank holidays after 12 weeks, free parking!
This opportunity has arisen to assist in the creation and maintenance of a SharePoint intranet and associated components. The core role will involve tasks such as site creation, configuration and migration of content into new site hierarchies. Other responsibilities will involve:
- development and distribution of reports across various indicators,
- providing support, guidance and advice to user base responsible for maintaining content,
- daily monitoring activities,
- responsibility for user documentation,
- configuration of managed metadata
- Relevant professional experience in administrating Information Technology systems or equivalent
- Quick learner with ability to be adaptable in day-to-day tasks
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to manage own workload and use own initiative to both solve problems and suggest solutions
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Confident communicator with good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in SharePoint administration, site creation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of standard SharePoint components (sites, pages, webparts, lists, libraries, metadata, properties & permissions)
- Understanding the fundamentals of document management
- Experience of SharePoint Intranet migrations
- Knowledge of PowerShell
Equivalent hourly rate £15.04 – £17.32 depending on experience.