Salary / Pay
Type of Employment
We are seeking medium-term cover (at least 4 weeks) for a school in Teignmouth – starting as soon as possible.
As a Caretaker you will be responsible for:
- general repairs of the premises – e.g. locks, fittings, lightbulbs
- internal and external presentation – e.g. tidying, weeding/gardening, some cleaning duties
- site maintenance – e.g. decorating, guttering, fencing, structural inspection
- fire alarm tests
- liaising with maintenance and site contractors
- school security – i.e. open and close procedure
Typical Caretaker work experience:
- experience in a similar role, ideally in a school or commercial environment
- familiarity with use of hand- and power-tools
- knowledge and experience of relevant workplace health and safety
Working hours include the morning and evening to ensure the security of the site: 7am-9am & 3pm-8pm, Mon-Fri
If you have a transferable enhanced DBS check that would be useful, or one will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.