An exciting opportunity has arisen for a local Authority Business Improvement and Change Team who are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated individual to the role of Project Manager to coordinate and support the delivery of community based services which encompasses an ethos of culture change. Support services to become integrated and consider a “think family” approach. To support learning, education, socialisation and improve outcomes for a variety of groups. A delivery model that utilises established buildings and facilities already in place in the communities.For a Max 9 Months.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Director of Children’s Services and the Head of Business Improvement and Change in the day to day delivery and management of projects within Children’s Services – this will involve (but not limited to);
- creating the associated project documentation i.e. business cases, project plans, risk logs etc. to ensure that projects reach a successful conclusion
- ensuring that the project risk exposure is understood by all key stakeholders and is being actively managed & looking ahead for potential problems and taking preventative or mitigating action in advance
- planning, scheduling and tracking project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Reporting on project progress, insights and prognosis for the project to the Head of Business Improvement and Change, and to the relevant project board (when required), advising immediately if plan tolerance levels are exceeded
- effectively communicating project expectations and give updates to team members and stakeholders (internal and external) in a timely and clear fashion
- undertaking research, gathering and analysing information and providing complete and accurate presentations/reports
The post holder will need to demonstrate a track record in managing projects to a successful conclusion and knowledge or experience of working within Children’s Services would be desirable but not essential. This positiion may start being remote and then to go into the offices as restritions ease.
Please apply with CV.