Seeking a Attached is a job profile for the Production Operator position for a leading global organisation in electronic security, encompassing a number of brands worldwide. Our client are long established with over 5,000 employees and 200 offices spread across the globe. The role is based in Exeter, with free onsite parking. Benefits include a competitive salary, extended holiday pay scheme, a quarterly attendance bonus, and a pension scheme.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a truly diverse and global company, and the successful candidate will have the drive to grow and develop within their Operational site. As they supply critical communication and security equipment to Businesses, NHS Hospitals and Prison Services, they have remained operational throughout the pandemic. Their business continues to grow, as they bring new and exciting products and supply chains into the Exeter site, 2022 has some amazing growth strategies for not only for their business but also for their people.
For the Production Operator position it is essential to have electronics soldering skills experience working in a busy manufacturing environment.
Hours are 37.5 hours per week (8.00am – 4.00pm Monday – Friday) and salary is circa of £18-20k depending on skills and experience.
Duties and Expectations:
- Assisting the Supervisor to deliver reduced lead times on manufactured products
- Manufacture all products to defined quality standards, cost effectively and in a timely manner
- Assist the Production Leadership team by identifying cost reductions across all product lines
- Achieve manufacturing goals and key performance indicator measures
- Actively participate in 5S/workplace organization and Lean activities
- Ensure manufacturing procedures are followed at all times and amendments highlighted to the Supervisor
- Continually improve quality of manufactured products
- Assemble & test units through to Finished Goods across all product lines
- Manufacture all products following manufacturing procedures
- Ensure all products meet the defined quality standards
- Assist in the reduction of manufacturing costs and lead times
- Facilitate the feedback of all faults found to relevant parties
Skills and experience required:-
- Customer focused
- Good communication skills
- Awareness & understanding of SSSE and future vision
- Soldering Skills essential
- PC Literate ideally previous knowledge of SAP
- Awareness of Lean techniques
- Experience in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment
- To assist the Supervisor to deliver reduced lead times on manufactured products
- To manufacture all products to defined quality standards, cost effectively and in a timely manner
- Lean Techniques – 5S/workplace organisation