Our client is a well-established, award winning electrical distribution network operator with over 7 million customers throughout the UK. As a national business, they pride themselves on their first class reputation for network reliability and business efficiency, receiving the Government’s Charter Mark scheme accolade every year.
Their Castle Donington depot are seeking a Primary System Design Engineer who will be responsible for various aspects of system design.
Duties will include:-
- Assessment and design of new demand and generation connections.
- Preparation of Connection Offers, budget estimates and feasibility studies.
- Liaison with customers and management of customer connections.
- Assessment of the EHV Network for compliance with our Distribution Licence for New Connection enquiries.
- Design of network reinforcement schemes and production of capital sanctions.
- Provision of support to Network Services on design issues such as generator connections, PQ issues, and major replacement schemes.
- Liaison with other departments within WPD, such as Network Strategy, Projects, Engineering Design, Policy and Wayleaves.
- Design and support for ANM implementation.
- Design and support of earthing systems and power quality.
- Customer focused and able to deliver an excellent service to their customers.
- Understanding of EHV network design
- Clarity when presenting information with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Strong computer skills
- Familiar with network analysis tools would be advantageous
- Electrical engineering degree or equivalent
The salary starts at £60,197. However, appointment may be on a designate basis initially on a lower salary of £48,165 depending on experience.