Newton Abbot, Devon
Salary / Pay
£8.49 – £9.31 per hour
Type of Employment
We are recruiting immediately for a large and growing electronics/photonics business based in a state of the art facility in Torquay.
With appointments on a ‘temporary-to-permanent’ basis, you will spend the first several weeks of assignment undergoing product-specific training. Advancement is reviewed on a quarterly basis and benefits applied upon permanent appointment include extended holiday allowance and pension provision.
The Production Operator will focus on the detailed manufacture of high quality fibre-optic modules for cutting-edge technological uses including: signal transmission and amplification, motion detection, security, high volume production lines and medical instruments.
- Manual assembly of components – highly detailed, use of hand tools
- Producing a high volume of items to specifications
- Reading and understanding technical build instructions
- Working in a clean room environment
- Working methodically and efficiently while minimising wastage
Skills and Experience
- Good dexterity
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally working with small components
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- A good work ethic and a desire to grasp training opportunities
- Well organized, an ability to work to deadlines while maintaining standards
Working Monday to Friday with a variety of shifts, the earlier shifts start from 6:00am and the later shifts finish at 10:00pm (shift premium applicable – £8.49/ £9.31).
Local parking is available but due to lack of parking on site, travelling by bike, bus or on foot is ideal.
To apply please contact us on 01626 280077 today!
Who to contact for more information : Sian Schofield : 01626 280 077