School Bus Driver (Part Time post)
Job Purpose: The provision of safe, minibus driving for pupils and staff
Reporting to: Transport Manager
The post holder will be part of a team of minibus drivers, who ferry pupils to and from school, predominantly (but not exclusively) in school owned minibuses. Employment is of a permanent, part-time nature, requiring service only in term times, or whenever pupils and/or staff require transport services.
Comply with the school requirements as listed on the ‘Bus Drivers Information Sheet’
- Carry out the morning check on the bus each day using the ‘Drivers Check List’ Sheet, and report any faults to the Transport Manager or Estates Manager
- Keep the fleet of buses in good condition through regular checks and cleaning
- Ensure the safety of the pupils, both on the site and in transit, as described in the ‘Bus Drivers Information Sheet’
- Report any unusual or suspect situations that may affect the safety of the pupils, to the Estates Manager
- Comply with the school Health and Safety Policy
- Provide such other support of a similar nature as may be reasonably directed.
The post holder is responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom the post holder is responsible, or with whom she comes into contact. The post holder must adhere to and ensure compliance with the school’s Child Protection Policy Statement at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the post the post holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare or children in the school she must report any concerns to the school’s child protection officers, the Deputy Principal, the Principal or the Head of the Preparatory School.