Salary / Pay
£28,170 per annum
Type of Employment
12 weeks temp – perm
We are currently recruiting for an Overhead Operator working in Grantham to join a dynamic and industry leading company with great career prospects. Working for this national electrical distribution company, you will be responsible for assisting with general site work associated with the repair, maintenance and construction of the electricity network. In return you will receive ongoing training, a competitive salary, extended holiday allowance and be provided with all the required PPE.
Our client is an award winning electricity distribution network which provides the highest quality of service and receives the Government’s Charter Mark scheme accolade every year. It is a well established electricity company with over 7 million customers covering the South West, South Wales and the Midlands.
To be a successful Overhead Operator, the expected skills required include:
- Ideally previous experience in the electrical industry, as well as being able to use a variety of hand tools
- Confidence to operate mechanical equipment such as Hi-ab, mobile platform, cable winch and happy to learn
- Confidence and previous experience with working at heights
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
The role of Overhead Operator will involve:
- Assisting with the construction, maintenance, replacement and repair of assets up to and including 66kV
- General associated site work including; substation inspections, stores work and delivering equipment/poles to site.
The ideal candidate should be reliable and punctual, able to work as part of a team, have a full UK driving licence and possess a strong focus for health and safety.
The working hours for this role are Monday-Friday 8am-4.30pm, and the salary is £28,170 pa.
If you think you would suit the role of Overhead Operator then please apply today. Closing date noon 27th June. Applicants will need to complete an application form.