Salary / Pay
£14.60 – 14.60 per hour +
Type of Employment
We are currently recruiting for a HGV Operator to work in Nottingham, working for a dynamic and industry leading company with great career prospects. Working for this national electrical distribution company, you will be responsible for assisting with general site work associated with the repair, maintenance and construction of the electricity network. In this role you will receive ongoing training, a competitive salary, extended holiday allowance and be provided with all the required PPE.
Our client is an award winning electricity distribution network which provides the highest quality of service and receives the Government’s Charter Mark scheme accolade every year. It is a well established electricity company with over 7 million customers covering the South West, South Wales and the Midlands.
To be a successful HGV Operator, the expected skills required include:
- Ideally previous experience in the electrical industry, as well as being able to use a variety of hand tools
- Outdoor work experience in a hands on role – either mechanical, electrical, engineering or based in construction
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- HGV Licence
- Plant (i.e. MEWP’s/ HIAB) operating skills are preferable
The role of HGV Operator will involve:
- Assisting with the construction, maintenance, replacement and repair of assets up to and including 132kV
- General associated site work including; substation inspections, stores work and delivering equipment/poles to site.
The ideal candidate should be reliable and punctual, able to work as part of a team, have a full UK driving licence and possess a strong focus for health and safety.
Hours of work are: 8am-4.30pm – 37 hours with overtime opportunities available.
Salary is from £14.60ph and full training provided. This position is on a temporary basis, for a 12 month period initially.
If you think you would suit this role then please apply today.
The closing date for the vacancy is 17th October