Seeking an experience Service and Repair Manager to lead the Service & Repair department at an Exeter-based manufacturing facility. The ideal candidate will have a strong management background and the ability to develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with customers and third-party suppliers. Our client are a leading global organisation in electronic security, encompassing a number of brands worldwide. Benefits include a competitive salary, free onsite parking, extended holiday pay scheme, a quarterly attendance bonus, and a pension scheme.
Hours are 37.5 hours per week (9.00am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday) and salary is circa of £33-36k depending on skills and experience
This is an excellent opportunity to join a truly diverse and global company, and the successful candidate will have the drive to grow and develop within their Operational site. As they supply critical communication and security equipment to Businesses, NHS Hospitals and Prison Services, they have remained operational throughout the pandemic. Their business continues to grow, as they bring new and exciting products and supply chains into the Exeter site, 2022 has some amazing growth strategies for not only for their business but also for their people.
Electronics fault finding and repair skills experience working in a busy Service & Repair environment are essential (HNC/HND Electronic qualification desirable).
- To Repair all product lines following repair and manufacturing procedures.
- To ensure all products meet the defined quality standards.
- To deliver a quick turnaround repair process.
- To co-ordinate goods-in & dispatch of 3rd party repairs.
- To communicate with 3rd party suppliers.
- To assist in the reduction of repairs costs and lead times.
- To facilitate the feedback of all faults found to relevant parties in a timely manner.
- To promote an environmentally protective and Health & Safety conscious work environment.
- To assist the business by identifying cost reductions across all product lines.
- To achieve departmental goals and key performance indicator measures.
- To lead and develop the Service & Repair team
- To actively participate in 5S/workplace organization and Lean activities.
- To ensure procedures are followed at all times and amendments are implemented where appropriate
- To continually improve quality of manufactured & repaired products.
- To ensure that Customer requirements are met at all times.
Experience & Skills
- Team leader or management experience
- Experience in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment.
- Lean Techniques – 5S/workplace organization.
- Customer focused.
- Written and verbal Customer communications skills.
- PC Literate.
- Awareness of Lean techniques.
- Experience in fault finding to component level.
- Experience in volume & pace, quick turnaround busy working environment.
- HNC/HND Electronic qualification desirable.
- Lean qualification.