Salary / Pay
£12.55 – £14.60 per hour +
Type of Employment
Our client is a well-established electrical distribution network operator with over 7 million customers throughout the UK. As a national business, they pride themselves on their first class reputation for network reliability and business efficiency, receiving the Government’s Charter Mark scheme accolade every year.
Their Bristol depot are seeking additions to the Scheduling team within the Smart Metering Department. This is a long term temporary role with immediate starts available – a minimum of 12 months with the likelihood of being extended and the opportunity to apply for internal permanent roles within the company.
This role may be considered on a part-time basis for the right person, but is typically a 37 hour week, flexible 8am – 4pm, 8.30am – 4.30am or 9am – 5pm or 10am – 6pm.
Initial starting hourly rate will be £12.55, rising to £14.60 after training and performance requirements are met, typically 3 – 6 months.
Benefits include an excellent hourly rate with up to two salary increments a year, holiday entitlement rising to 26 days +bank holidays after 12 weeks and free parking.
As a Scheduler within Smart Metering you will be responsible for liaising with customers and engineers via the telephone and email in order to arrange access and ensure that all jobs go ahead. The team makes and handles a high volume of calls so you’ll need to be confident on the telephone, but you won’t be making cold calls – however, if you’ve got a contact centre background, or customer service experience, that could be ideal experience.
Specific duties will be:-
- Making outbound calls and responding to general customer enquiries according to the requirements of customer contracts
- Liaising with the Business Support Manager regarding daily engineer availability
- Scheduling/Programming of Field Operatives’ work
- Dispatching of work to Operatives using the most effective method
- Arranging completion of short notice emergency work to appropriate Field Operatives, taking into account productivity, operational and customer service requirements.
- Provision of office based support for all field staff
In order to be successful for the role of Scheduler, you will:-
- have excellent customer care skills and be proactive in pursuing job completion
- be able to communicate confidently and effectively
- represent the company positively at all times
- have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
You may have a background in contact centre, customer service, call handling, hospitality, or even a very similar scheduling role in engineering, utilities or transport – we would like to hear from you!
You will receive industry recognised training and be part of an energetic and engaging team.