Our client is recruiting a permanent Electronics Engineer -This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a truly diverse and global company, as they supply supply critical communication and security equipment to Businesses, NHS Hospitals and Prison Services, we have remained operational throughout the pandemic, and they would love to find someone with the drive to grow and develop within our Production Engineering team.
Hours are 37.5 hours per week (9.00am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday) and salary is circa £30k depending on skills and experience.
- To actively promote a safe work environment.
- To practice and promote the Companies Leadership Qualities of: Courage, Innovation, Agility, Performance, Inclusivity, Collaboration, Integrity and Accountability.
- To assist the Plant Technical Director & NPI Manager by identifying efficient cost-effective technical improvements.
- To continually improve quality and speed of manufactured products.
- To actively participate in Kaizen events and operational Lean activities.
- To ensure that customer requirements are met at all times.
- To effectively communicate with internal & external suppliers.
- To create detailed Standard Operating Procedures to support manufacturing processes.
- To Manage and Maintain Test Equipment Calibrations.
Purpose of Position
- To provide support for all manufacturing processes and production machines.
- To support the Plant Technical Director and NPI Managers.
- To ensure all products meet Stanley’s defined quality standards.
- To produce professional technical reports.
- To work as part of a successful innovative Production Engineering Team.
Education / Work Experience Required
- 3 -5 years experience in a similar field.
- Minimum of HNC or HND in electronics or relevant experience.
- Previous experience in an electronic manufacturing environment.
- IT Experience with Desktop PC’s preferred.
- Proven track record of success in previous roles.
Skills & Knowledge Required
The ideal candidate must have as a minimum basic level skills in most of the following
- Customer focused.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Understanding of RF products in the HF and UHF frequency bands.
- Ability to diagnose and repair electronic assemblies to component level.
- Ability to design & build basic electronic circuits.
- Basic knowledge of LabView or a software programming language.
- Knowledge of ICT and ATE machine/s.
- Basic Knowledge of SMT processes and machines.
- Ability provide first line in-house Windows Desktop support for Production test & machines across multiple Windows platforms.
- Skills in use of CAD or similar type software drawing package – Optional.
- Awareness of Compliance standards i.e. UL & ETL.
- Able to create PCB Designs – Optional.
Key Qualities Required
- Team-builder, Team-player and Driven Individual
- Highly organized
- Challenger – results-driven
- Efficient and effective
- Flexible, open to new ideas and managing challenging situations with a can do attitude.
- Operates in accordance with Companies Values and Business Conduct Guidelines and leads by example.
Excellent benefits package