Seeking an Electronics Production Engineer for a leading global organisation in electronic security, encompassing a number of brands worldwide. Our client are long established with over 5,000 employees and 200 offices spread across the globe. The role is based in Exeter, with free onsite parking. Benefits include a competitive salary, extended holiday pay scheme, a quarterly attendance bonus, and a pension scheme.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a truly diverse and global company, and the successful candidate will have the drive to grow and develop within their Operational site. As they supply critical communication and security equipment to Businesses, NHS Hospitals and Prison Services, they have remained operational throughout the pandemic. Their business continues to grow, as they bring new and exciting products and supply chains into the Exeter site, 2022 has some amazing growth strategies for not only for their business but also for their people.
The Electronics Production Engineer will report to the Plant Technical Director; it is essential to have HNC or HND Electronic qualification or relevant experience, with IT Experience with Desktop PC’s preferred. This role is available due to retirement (having been with the Company for over 40 years); the team of 6 people cover a wide range of skills and experience, playing key roles within a busy Operations facility, covering Process & Productivity improvements, New Product Introduction, Product & Manufacturing support, Calibrations, etc.
It is a fast paced environment, there are always new projects and challenges, so they are looking for a fresh face with the right talents to complement their dynamic team.
Hours are 37.5 hours per week (9.00am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday) and salary is circa £31-35k depending on skills and experience.
Purpose and Responsibilities:
- To provide support for all manufacturing processes and production machines.
- To support the Plant Technical Director and NPI Managers.
- To ensure all products meet defined quality standards.
- To produce professional technical reports.
- To assist the Plant Technical Director & NPI Manager by identifying efficient cost-effective technical improvements.
- To continually improve quality and speed of manufactured products.
- To actively participate in Kaizen events and operational Lean activities.
- To effectively communicate with internal & external suppliers.
- To create detailed Standard Operating Procedures to support manufacturing processes.
- To Manage and Maintain Test Equipment Calibrations.
Education/Work Experience Required:-
- 3 -5 years experience in a similar field.
- Minimum of HNC or HND in electronics or relevant experience.
- Previous experience in an electronic manufacturing environment.
- IT Experience with Desktop PC’s preferred.
- Proven track record of success in previous roles.
Skills and Knowledge Required:-
- Customer focused.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Understanding of RF products in the HF and UHF frequency bands.
- Ability to diagnose and repair electronic assemblies to component level.
- Ability to design & build basic electronic circuits.
- Basic knowledge of LabView or a software programming language.
- Knowledge of ICT and ATE machine/s.
- Basic Knowledge of SMT processes and machines.
- Ability provide first line in-house Windows Desktop support for Production test & machines across multiple Windows platforms.
- Skills in use of CAD or similar type software drawing package – Optional.
- Awareness of Compliance standards i.e. UL & ETL.
- Able to create PCB Designs – Optional.
- Team-builder, Team-player and Driven Individual
- Highly organized
- Challenger – results-driven
- Efficient and effective
- Flexible, open to new ideas and managing challenging situations with a can do attitude.