Salary / Pay
£11.64 per hour +
Type of Employment
Brite Services are recruiting for a Desktop Support/Technician to work for our client based in Torquay. This is an exciting opportunity and will suit an experienced technician who is looking for work over the Christmas period. This is a full time role (37 hours per week) offering flexitime for starting and finishing, and is looking to last between 3-4 months. The successful candidate will be provisioning & installing new windows 10 laptops, there will be a physical component (lifting/carrying) as well as technical aspects of the role. *Available for an immediate start*
Job type – Temporary, 3-4 months
Start date – immediate
Pay rate – £11.64 per hour
Hours of work – Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week. (Flexitime to start between 8-10am and finish between 4-6pm)
In this role you will be:
– Assisting with the hardware installation and configuration of PC and peripheral equipment throughout the company for standalone and networked environments
– To assist in the installation of upgraded PC operating systems as necessary.
– Providing timely and effective logistics in the procurement, delivery and installation of Desktop IT equipment.
– To assist the PC Support Team Leader in undertaking post implementation reviews to ensure the continuing effectiveness of specific systems.
The successful candidate will have:
– Strong IT Technical/Desktop Support experience e.g. Windows 10
– Experience installing, configuring, supporting and upgrading PC hardware and software
– Dealing with third party suppliers and specifying both PC Hardware and Software to satisfy the requirements of end users
– Working in a front line support role
– Ability to maintain strong relationships with customers.
This position will be located in Torquay, however could potentially involve travelling to different sites (travel will be arranged so a driving licence is not essential).
If you feel you meet most of the above criteria, apply today with your CV and a member of the Brite team will get in touch.