Salary / Pay
£8.75 per hour
Type of Employment
We are recruiting for a renowned Travel Service Provider requiring cover for ticketed gateline operations at the Newton Abbot railway station to cover sickness & holidays.
Main duties at the gateline will be:
- welcoming, directing and protecting customers
- assisting in the day to day operation of the automatic ticket barriers
- ensuring customer security and responding to customer enquiries
- inspecting tickets
- minor site cleaning and upkeep will also be required
This is a highly responsible position and will require someone with:
- an ability to deliver exceptional front line customer service
- a positive attitude
- confidence in decision making
- an ability to remain calm yet directive in a crisis
- conscientious, to stick to procedures
- ability to work as part of a team or independently
- good of numerical ability
- strong verbal and written communication skills
Previous experience in a customer service or customer facing role is ideal and you should be able to communicate confidently and professionally and present yourself well (white shirt, black trousers) – safety shoes are also required.
Ad hoc shifts hours and days of work are administered on a weekly basis and are likely to vary so the position would suit someone who is flexible and available to work a variety of shifts any day of the week.
Weekdays 06:00-14:45 & 14:15-23:00
Saturday 05:00-13:45 & 13:15-22:00
Sunday 08:00-16:00 & 15:00-23:00
There may also be ad hoc shifts at other regional stations for those who are interested and available – often to cover for repair/maintenance, staff absences or during popular travel periods e.g. Summer/Christmas.
Applicants who are successful following agency registration will be required to undergo job-specific training including shadowing followed by an assessment, dates TBC.