Salary / Pay
£18-22,000 per annum
Type of Employment
Brite Services are currently recruiting for a Commercial Assistant to work for our client based in Newton Abbot. This permanent position will involve working full-time hours from 8:30am until 5:30pm (with an hour lunch break). Benefits include: 30 days holiday including bank holidays (rising to 31 days holiday in 2020), salary between £18K-£22K per annum (depending on experience), onsite parking, and ongoing training.
As a Commercial Assistant you will be mainly assisting the Estimating Team, the Quantity Surveyors, and the Commercial Director’s team.
Your duties will include, but will not be limited, to the following:
- General administrative and office duties (e.g. paper filing, electronic filing, keeping photocopier paper topped up, ensuring a tidy work space in maintained)
- Organising meetings
- Minute taking for meetings
- Answering incoming calls
- Updating data on spreadsheets
- General typing duties including emails and letters
- Tender Management:
- Responding to enquiries quickly and efficiently
- Ensuring Tender register is kept up-to-date
- Produce initial C55 for completion by relevant Project Estimator
- Tending Drawing: copying and scanning, producing issue sheets when required
- Sending feedback to all tenderers
- Manage Sub-Contractors Tender Returns on behalf of Commercial Department
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience completing administration tasks in a construction environment
- Strong Excel skills
- Document control experience
- Excellent organisation skills
To be considered for this position you must have previous administrative experience, and preferably in a construction or architect environment.
We would also like to hear from you if you have any experience in any of the following roles or industries: Assistant, Analyst, Commercial Manager, Finance Assistant, Administrator, Executive Assistant, Quantity Surveyor, Site Manager, Admin and Office, Construction, Computer and IT, Management Sales and Retail, Human Resources, Business Operations, Manufacturing and Warehouse, Science and Engineering, Accounting and Finance, Customer Service, or Transportation and Logistics.