Business Intelligence Analyst, Bristol, £42,054
Our client is a well-established, award winning electrical distribution network operator with over 7 million customers throughout the UK. As a national business, they pride themselves on their first-class reputation for network reliability and business efficiency, receiving the Government’s Charter Mark scheme accolade every year. Our client looks for energetic and ambitous people, and offers a friendly, rewarding and supportive working environment.
Their Bristol headquarters depot are seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst, for the Electricity Systems, Data and Digitalisation Department. This is initially a temporary contract, for a period of 12 months, with the possibility of securing a permanent position.
Excellent hourly rate with up to two salary increments a year, holiday entitlement rising to 26 days + bank holidays after 12 weeks, free parking, pension scheme. Salary £37,183 to £42,054 depending on experience. Once training is completed, the role is a hybrid of remote and office-based working therefore you must be within a reasonable commuting distance of Bristol. Hours 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday, flexible working pattern.
Main purpose of the role of Business Intelligence Analyst
- Develop highly visualised and engaging dashboards translating data to information to enable improvements to business performance and operation;
- Liaison with colleagues throughout the organisation in relation to the development, delivery, dissemination and adoption of relevant data insights and intelligence outputs;
- Use of company’s policies, processes and procedures relating to data governance and regulatory compliance;
- Visualise data for internal and external consumption to a variety of end users;
Main duties and responsibilities
- Translate data in to information to deliver value for the business and third parties by identifying and using appropriate analytical and insight techniques;
- Work closely with the business to deliver targeted and effective Business Intelligence solutions;
- Deliver output in line with emerging Data Governance processes;
- Recognise and exploit business opportunities to ensure more efficient and effective performance of the organisation through improved data access and understanding;
- Understand and employ a range of data analysis and visualisation skills;
- Access and map business and third party datasets through APIs, SQL queries and other formats;
- Develop and work within agreed data standards for the business;
- Present highly technical data insight in a digestible and accessible way to enable organisation-wide understanding and value;
- Communicate effectively across all business areas and externally, ensuring all required areas are engaged to support and deliver timely and effective data outputs.
Typical knowledge/experience required
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (engineering, maths, physics, data science or other);
- Sound numeracy and literacy skills;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Experience of delivering data related output and activity in an agile and dynamic manner;
- Expert knowledge of Power BI or other BI tools such as Tableau;
- A detailed knowledge of SQL;
- Experience of data model building and practical programming experience is desirable, preferably using Python;
- Strong interpersonal skills when dealing with all parties at all levels of seniority.
Rate of pay £21.80 per hour. Please apply with your CV as soon as possible.