Salary / Pay
£24,218 – 28,170 per annum
Type of Employment
We are currently recruiting for an Asset Inspector to work for our prestigious client, a national utilities company, where you will be based in Ty Coch.
Our client is a leading energy distributor in the UK with a first class reputation for network reliability and business efficiency and provides on-going development and training of staff to ensure the company continues to hold a national reputation for excellence.
As an Asset Inspector, you will benefit from working for a prestigious and leading brand name within its field, gain opportunities for career and self-development and a host of personal benefits:- Provision of all PPE, a company vehicle to carry out the work, a competitive salary, extended holiday allowance (26 days) and a generous pension.
As an Asset Inspector you will be required to inspect network assets, industrial apparatus and associated fixtures on site throughout the Cwmbran area.
You will need to hold a full UK driving licence in order to travel to various sites and you will be issued with a hand held computer device/iPad for your recordings.
As an Asset Inspector you will:
* Be able to work independently, away from the depot, driving to various sites.
* Undertake the inspection of owned assets, recording the heights of over head line crossings on a hand held device
* Escalate any immediate danger issues to the relevant person.
Important requirements for the role are:
* The ability to make quick, decisive and responsible decisions to meet the demands of the role
* Outdoors work experience, you must be happy to work outside in all weather conditions and enjoy walking!
* Excellent IT skills, able to use an iPad
* Reliability and punctuality
* Possession of a full UK driving licence.
You must possess a strong focus for health and safety,
Please note this role will be on a Temporary-Permanent basis, with a permanent contract at the end of a 14 week period after a successful probation period.
This role closes on 28th May at midday, and successfully shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete an application form.