Salary / Pay
£24,218 – £28,170 per year +
Type of Employment
We are currently recruiting for an Asset Inspector to work for our prestigious client, a national utilities company, where you will be based in Taunton.
Our client is a leading energy distributor in the UK with a first class reputation for network reliability and business efficiency and provides on-going development and training of staff to ensure the company continues to hold a national reputation for excellence.
As an Asset Inspector, you will benefit from working for a prestigious and leading brand name within its field, gain opportunities for career and self-development and a host of personal benefits:- Provision of all PPE, a company vehicle to carry out the work, a competitive salary, extended holiday allowance (26 days) and a generous pension.
As an Operator – Asset Inspector you will be required to inspect network assets up to and including 132kV as well as other Assets within the Company that have a statutory inspection regime associated with them. You will be required to work in and around the Taunton area.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for staff who will become fully capable to undertake a range of asset inspections.
Candidates are required to have GCSE Grade A*-G/1-9 in Maths and English or a Functional Skills Level 2 Maths and English qualification.
As an Asset Inspector you will be required to inspect network assets, industrial apparatus and associated fixtures on site throughout the Taunton area.
You will need to hold a full UK driving licence in order to travel to various sites and you will be issued with a hand held computer device/iPad for your recordings.
As an Asset Inspector you will:
* Be able to work independently, away from the depot, driving to various sites.
* Undertake the inspection tasks of the company’s assets and to record results, any immediate risks or dangerous issues would need to be reported immediately to a manager. The inspector will be expected to enter all information either into handheld electronic device on site or via the Company’s computer system back in the office.
Important requirements for the role are:
- The ability to make quick, decisive and responsible decisions to meet the demands of the role
- Ability to work to targets and be flexible in your approach.
- Ability to deal with customers in a courteous and professional manner and portray a positive image of the Company.
- Outdoors work experience, you must be happy to work outside in all weather conditions and enjoy walking!
- Excellent IT skills, able to use an iPad
- Reliability and punctuality
- Possession of a full UK driving licence
- You must possess a strong focus for health and safety,
Please note this role will be on a Temporary-Permanent basis, with a permanent contract at the end of a 14 week period after a successful probation period.
This role closes on 30th January at midday, however successfully shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete an online application form so please apply in good time before this date.
Candidates are required to have grade A* G/1-9 GCSE in English and Maths or Functional Skills Level 2 English and Maths qualification.