Salary / Pay
£24,218 – £28,170 per year +
Type of Employment
We are currently recruiting for an Asset Inspector to work for our prestigious client, a national utilities company, where you will be based in Exeter.
Our client is a leading energy distributor in the UK with a first class reputation for network reliability and business efficiency and provides on-going development and training of staff to ensure the company continues to hold a national reputation for excellence.
As an Asset Inspector, you will benefit from working for a prestigious and leading brand name within its field, gain opportunities for career and self-development and a host of personal benefits:- Provision of all PPE, a company vehicle to carry out the work, a competitive salary, extended holiday allowance (26 days) and a generous pension.
As an Asset Inspector you will be required to inspect network assets, industrial apparatus and associated fixtures on site throughout the Exeter area.
You will need to hold a full UK driving licence in order to travel to various sites and you will be issued with a hand held computer device/iPad for your recordings.
As an Asset Inspector you will:
* Be able to work independently, away from the depot, driving to various sites.
* Undertake the inspection of owned assets, recording the heights of over head line crossings on a hand held device
* Escalate any immediate danger issues to the relevant person.
Important requirements for the role are:
* The ability to make quick, decisive and responsible decisions to meet the demands of the role
* Outdoors work experience, you must be happy to work outside in all weather conditions and enjoy walking!
* Excellent IT skills, able to use an iPad
* Reliability and punctuality
* Possession of a full UK driving licence.
You must possess a strong focus for health and safety,
Please note this role will be on a Temporary-Permanent basis, with a permanent contract at the end of a 14 week period after a successful probation period.
This role closes on 29th January at midday, however successfully shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete an online application form so please apply in good time before this date.
Candidates are required to have grade A* G/1-9 GCSE in English and Maths or Functional Skills Level 2 English and Maths qualification.