Our clients a residential home owned by a chariety in Newton Abbot are recruiting a new role for a part time admin support for a 1 year fixed term based in Newton Abbot – 15 Hours-3 days per week- Monday to Friday bewtween the hours 9am and 5pm.
1. Job Purpose:
To be responsible for general administration for Residential Home.
- The Charity employs a Manager who will line manage the postholder on a day-to-day basis.
- The Charity is managed by a Board of Trustees/Directors who are responsible for the overall management of the Charity and residential home.
- The Charity owns and runs Residential Home.
3. Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Deal with general phone and email enquiries and pass messages on to relevant staff;
- Check staff signing-in/out sheets with the timesheets and staff rotas, to ensure correct payments;
- Checking that daily forms and records are completed correctly;
- Filing of forms and other paperwork;
- Assist with petty cash, keeping spreadsheets up to date;
- Deal with other general admin duties, as required by the Manager or Team Leaders;
- Liaise with residents, staff, contractors, suppliers and visitors to the home, as appropriate.
In the future:
- To deal with phone calls and email enquiries for day care;
- Take bookings for day care;
- Keep detailed records of those using day care facilities and raise invoices, as required.
In order to run the admin duties effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and the post holder may be required to perform other admin work not specifically referred to above.
The postholder will need to manage and prioritise their own workload to ensure filing and records are kept up-to-date.
There may be occasional extra hours required at peak times. Appropriate overtime would be paid if such circumstances arose, with the agreement of the Manager of the home or Chair of the Charity.
A DBS check would be required before commencing employment.
The postholder would be required to do some mandatory training during working hours including:
- Fire Training
- Covid 19 + Infection control
- Lifting and handling objects
Please apply with CV