Local Authority in Torquay are looking for a Administrator to start asap until March 2022, (Part-time could be considered for the right candidate).
You will be working on a scheme associated with supporting low income households over the winter period. The main duties will involve assessing applications and making payments. This will include indexing of applications and correspondence, phone and email contact with customers to request information to enable payments to be processed and other supportive tasks.
This post can be undertaken at home or access to Torquay Town Hall can be provided. Full training, laptops etc will be provided.
These will be rewarding positions for people used to dealing with the public with the ability to undertake administrative tasks.
Key skills required:-
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills including telephone manner with a customer focused approach to work.
- Ability to cope with a wide range of tasks within a short time scale and work to deadlines.
- Ability to research and interpret information.
- Ability to be flexible and diplomatic with good interpersonal skills when dealing with people at all levels.
- Ability to convey technical information and data clearly and accurately.
- Effective numeracy skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to manage own workload and future plan.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail within written, oral and numeric work.
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter with a logical and methodical approach to problems.
- Effective organisational skills.
- Effective ICT skills.
- Experience of working with a range of IT software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet Explorer.
- Knowledge of administrative and business support functions.
- Knowledge of Data Protection Act
- Knowledge of Council financial systems such as Civica Open Revenues and Civica W2
- Knowledge of Local Government policies and procedures
- Understanding of current Local Government Taxation.
Essential experience and achievements:-
- Experience of working within a team and on own.
- Experience of working in a busy office using a range of administration procedures
- Experience of dealing with a range of enquiries via telephone, email and face to face.
- Demonstrable experience of providing administrative support.
Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent preferably with English and Mathematics.
NVQ in Business and Administration desirable
Please forward your CV asap, as the role closes on 17th November.