Salary / Pay
£14.60 per hour
Type of Employment
Temp – 4 months
An opportunity has arisen for Clerical/Accounts Assistant to provide administrative support to the Accounts Receivable team for a national utilities business in Plymouth. As a major company that has operated stably within the business for 30-40 years you will be joining an experienced accounts team. This is initially a 4 month assignment running till the end of November. You will receive an attractive hourly rate of £14.60 per hour, alongside holiday entitlement rising to 26 days + bank holidays after 12 weeks, free parking and the opportunity to apply for internal permanent roles within the company.
Our client is an award winning electrical business which provides the highest quality of service and receives the Government’s Charter Mark scheme accolade every year. It is a well established company with over 7 million customers throughout the UK and prides itself on its first class reputation for network reliability and business efficiency within the industry.
As an Accounts Assistant you will be:
- Entering data from invoices onto computer systems
- Checking and confirming data before submission
- Producing invoices and calculating invoices from requests received for a range of activities
- Producing credit notes, refunds and associated paperwork relating to billing activities
- Producing, recording and filing of follow up letters
- Dealing with internal and external customers via telephone and e-mail
- Other general clerical duties as required
To be successful, it is important that you possess the following:
- 5 GCSES at grade C or above
- Good Excel knowledge and computer skills
- An excellent eye for accuracy and attention to detail
- A commitment to follow set procedures, systems and regulations taking ownership for tasks as well as working as part of a team
- Accounts payable/invoicing/accounts office experience is preferred
- AAT qualifications are highly advantageos, although not essential
In return you will receive a promising opportunity to work for a highly regarded reputable employer for the South West.
This position has an immediate start, and would be working on temporary basis but with permanent opportunities available in time.
The closing date for this post is Friday 19th July.