Our client is a well-established electrical distribution network operator with over 7 million customers throughout the UK. As a national business, they pride themselves on their first class reputation for network reliability and business efficiency, receiving the Government’s Charter Mark scheme accolade every year.
Their Plymouth depot are seeking an Accounts Payable Assitant for their Accounts Receivable team. This is a long term temporary role for a minimum of 6 months – and the opportunity to apply for internal permanent roles within the company.
Benefits include an excellent hourly rate with up to two salary increments a year, holiday entitlement rising to 26 days +bank holidays after 12 weeks and free parking.
The team aim to deliver a professional service to both its internal and external Customers to WPD.
Duties are varied and include: –
- Production of invoices, receipts, credit notes, refunds for a range of activities such as new supply connections, alterations, upgrades, metering, rentals etc on behalf of all businesses.
- Matching and allocating of debits/credits in a timely and accurate manner.
- File uploads using IT interfaces between different systems, error handling and resolution.
- Knowledge of connection agreements, timescales and relevant customer guarantees.
- Understanding of the debtor ledger entries and the applicability of VAT.
- Communicating with the Business representatives and external Customers to resolve enquires and outstanding queries.
- Prioritising, flexibility and meeting daily targets with emphasis on team work.
You must have previous experience working in a similar high volume environment, and have the diplomacy and communication skills to manage customer relationships, both in writing and verbally. You should have good interpersonal skills, be self-confident and also have the ability to work unsupervised in a team environment and be able to prioritise tasks to ensure that deadlines are achieved.
Knowledge of Accounts Receivable procedures and systems would be advantageous as would awareness of associated relevant HMRC or Statutory regulations. In addition, you should be computer literate and have experience of Microsoft Office.
Closes 22nd March, however you will need to apply with a CV before this date as an application form will need to be completed.