Our client is recruiting an Accounts Payable Administrator on a temp to perm basis for the right candidate to work in the office Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm -37.5 hour week start date as soon as possible.
Starting hourly rate is £9,.50 per hour to increase when position goes permanent between 19k-21k dependant on experience.
Accurately input and complete all process and administrative functions, working to tight reporting deadlines, in the processing of all goods for resale & non-goods purchase invoices. Maintains high levels of professionalism, openness & collaboration in all communications; freely sharing knowledge, skills and ideas at all times.
- Match and convert from Purchase Orders all vendor invoices and credit notes in all currencies for all companies within the Group.
- Log and clear with the Business Unit and Logistics department all queries relating to quantity, size and price when matching Purchase Invoices to the Purchase Orders for all “Goods” purchases.
- Clear with the Procurement Officer all queries relating to quantity and price when matching Purchase Invoices to Purchase Orders for all “non-goods” purchases.
- Understand, analyse and enter credit card transactions, petty cash receipts and mileage claim forms.
- Use the invoicing Precedent File to ensure accurate processing of all non-goods invoices and question any possible changes required.
- Accurately scan and link all invoices to the AX system.
- Pass all invoices to be paid to the payments team.
- Daily filing of delivery notes & paid “non-goods” invoices.
- Maintain, document and clear all Accounts Payable queries.
- Log and report any irreconcilable or old items to the Finance Team Leader.
- Liaise with companies via phone and email, answering phones, taking messages and transferring calls.
- Cover for the Maintenance the accounts email and print all invoices & statements.
- Update the daily and monthly Finance checklist for the Accounts Payable section.
- Undertake ad hoc duties across the department, where required.
- Work efficiently, effectively and accurately utilising excellent keyboard skills and high attention to detail.
- Attend weekly meeting with the Finance Team Leader, reviewing all logged queries.
- Record the procurement category and sport for each line of each invoice for all companies within the Group.
- Match all vendor invoices to delivery notes, investigate and log any differences, maintain the delivery note matching spreadsheet.
- Create a log of all unmatched delivery notes, investigate and clear queries with the Brands and the Business Unit and Logistics departments.
- Maintain the item cost price database, investigate differences.
To familiarise yourself with the AX system.
To demonstrate an understanding of the PDS Accounts Payable function.
To become a valued member of the team.
Essential Skills (Required at selection stage) – Knowledge / Technical Abilities / Experience
Accounts Payable knowledge (Invoices / credit notes / debit notes)
Familiarity with IT and accounting systems
Good Excel skills
At least 12 months’ experience in a similar role