Salary / Pay
£35,201 – £39,813 per year
Type of Employment
Contract – ongoing
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Environmental Assistant to work on a major and high profile project within a team based in Worcester. Our client is well-established electrical distribution network operator with over 7 million customers throughout the UK. As a national business, they pride themselves on their first class reputation for network reliability and business efficiency, receiving the Government’s Charter Mark scheme accolade every year.
As an Environmental Assistant you will play a pivotal part within the project and preferable experience will include;
- Preparing environmental standards and site specific environmental management plans
- Environmental experience within a similar industry to include permitting / consent implementation
- Liaison with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and stakeholders
- Perform audits / inspections and report environmental performance
- Ability to collate and report statistical environmental information
- monitoring and reporting on environmental compliance and updating reports
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- A good understanding of UK Policy, environmental legislation, regulatory frameworks
- Membership of the Chartered Institue of Ecology and Environmental Management (IEEM) or the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
- Excellent IT skills – specifically databases and Excel
- Confident and worldly, ability to communicate at all levels in a fast paced environment
- Reliable, good time keeper
- Excellent time management
- Excellent attention to detail, meticulous
- Good team player, can do attitude
You will be based at our client’s depot in Worcester but also be available to travel to Birmingham for meetings associated with the project.
This is an ongoing contract that is likely to last for several years.
Excellent hourly rate, enhanced benefits and ongoing training and support within the role.
Who to contact for more information: Sonya Evans 07739 344 462